When: Saturday 26th October 6pm – 9pm
Where: Brightspace – 8 Martin St, St Kilda
Entry by donation.
‘A Celebration for Chrissy’ is a fabulous fundraising event to mark the 60th birthday of rock and roll legend Chrissy Amphlett (Divinyls), to honour her legacy and raise awareness around the issue of breast cancer.
All funds raised from this event will be donated to the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness & Research Centre
• The launch of the Penny Ikinger video clip of her recording of the Divinyls song ‘Boys in Town’
• A reading by Tracee Hutchison from Chrissy Amphlett’s autobiography ‘Pleasure and Pain: My Life’
• Special guest, Associate Professor Jennifer Cawson from St Vincent’s BreastScreen
• A screening of the video from the ‘I Touch Myself’ project, featuring Olivia Newton-John and more, produced by Cancer Council NSW
• Performances of Divinyls songs by Freya Josephine Hollick and Rebecca Barnard
• A screening of ‘Electra: The Music of Penny Ikinger’ (Burlesque Productions), where Penny is interviewed by Chrissy Amphlett
• Auctions; including of a photograph of Chrissy Amphlett by photographer Tony Mott and more…
• DJ Lani Greer playing tracks
• In order to remind women to get to know their breasts and catch breast cancer early, we will have resources available from BreastScreen Victoria, Cancer Council Victoria and Breast Cancer Network Australia
• Door charge: By Donation
Please go to our Everyday Hero page to donate